BetweenLibraryShelves

Format: E-book (.pdf) *For Review*

Genre: New Adult

Category: Urban Fantasy

[Synopsis]

The Horseman is unending, his presence shan’t lessen. If you break the curse, you become the legend. Washington Irving and Rip Van Winkle had no choice but to cover up the deadly truth behind Ichabod Crane’s disappearance. Centuries later, a Crane returns to Sleepy Hollow awakening macabre secrets once believed to be buried deep. What if the monster that spawned the legend lived within you?

[Review]

Crane was the novel I was screaming to be released. After I first laid eyes on the cover I knew I had to read it. So here is my honest review of Crane! Crane is told not only in 2 person views (Ichabod & Ireland Crane) but also two different time periods (past & present). In the past we have Ichabod Crane's report of what happened in Sleepy Hollow after he, Washington Irving, and Rip Van Winkle came to the small town. Ichabod tells of a horrific tale of a headless horseman, a love he never thought he could know, and a longing he could not bare. In the present we meet Ireland Crane, a young woman reeling from an awful breakup and wanting a new start. Ireland Crane moves from New York to Tarrytown and that is where the story gets interesting! What I enjoyed about this book other than the cover is how I could relate to the characters, especially Ireland Crane. We have all had a breakup that just kicked us to a point of no return. We have all wanted to have a fresh start after something of that magnitude happens to us. But what we never expect is to realize you are haunted by something that you have only read in books and been told was a fabled tale. The funniest of characters was Rip Van Winkle, his character presence stole the show more times than not and I hope we have not seen the last of him in the series. The one character I wish had a role in the present day telling was Washington Irving and maybe he haunts where we have not explored yet.

If I was to describe Crane in three phrases they would be

Eerily Suspenseful | Sarcastically Funny | Thrilling Action!